Tuesday, January 30, 2007

7

How does Faith relate to the world in which we live?
I believe there is no one that lives this world without faith. Faith lended a helping hand to the people to create their world with what they believe or know. I know that this is how I simply define complexity of faith in relation to the world in which we live through acquaintance of bizarre behaviors or characteristics of other people. Now as a TOK student, I can say that I know that there is no one that lives this world without faith because I experienced unusual acuqaitances. Frankly speaking, I am very confused even by what I just claimed about 'knowing' and 'believing'. TOK class lead me to think about our perceptions, knowledge, and belief or faith for the first time in my life.
"Faith, by its very nature, requires belief outside of known fact." I believe that faith is a higher state than knowledge since faith requires more than what we know or percieve or experience. So faith is a powerful tool that can change other people and the world. The religious conflicts are caused by different faith of groups. Faith is what gives man a motivation and the will to carry out his task believing that it would bring pleasurable outcome or a secure future. This directly applies for Don Richardson and I, as a true follower of Christ. As a Christian, I believe that it is my duty to spread the gospel and to portray Christ in every actions and words that I speak to the world. Since I know and believe that Jesus Christ is the Truth and the only way to eternal life, I base my thoughts and actions on my faith.

1 comment:

African Globe Trotters. said...

Whew! Joan you have thought deeply about this. Really good galvanising! Mrs.Mc.